Season three and still going strong, Press Corps Poker returns to FlyFishing Retailer World Trade Expo
Draw a card at essential media events and compete to win prizes donated by Rio, Smith Optics, Patagonia and others
For the national press corps, the 2007 FlyFishing Retailer World Trade Expo (September 16-18) is the single essential gathering for coverage of the precision, passion and personalities of the fly fishing industry.
It’s not Vegas, but it is a great place to play a little poker.
In the Third Annual Press Corps Poker Rally, working media at FlyFishing Retailer will be able to draw a single card from a deck of playing cards at a variety of essential media events.
At the end of the show, the best five-card poker hands will get to choose from a boatload of prizes donated by FlyFishing Retailer exhibitors.
“Good luck,” said Kenji Haroutunian, FlyFishing Retailer show director.
The rules are simple. At each of 12 events, the public relations staff of FlyFishing Retailer (i.e. Scott) will allow attending members of the media to draw a single card. Each card will be recorded and winners will be contacted after the close of the show on Tuesday, September 18. Everyone's hand will be posted here.
Prizes to be awarded include a pair of Interlock sunglasses from Smith; a Guidewater jacket from Patagonia; a pack of Rio Gold trout line; Redington’s new Fast Action RS4 9’ 5wt. fly rod; Origo’s Fishing Guide Watch; a pair of Drynamics Waders from William Joseph; Simms Superlight insulated Jacket; ExOfficio’s Air Strip Lite™ long sleeve shirt; and The Pelz fishing hat from Imperial Headwear.
Patagonia Guidewater Jacket
William Joseph Drynamic Waders
Simms Superlight Insulated Jacket
Pelz Fishing Hat
Origo Fishing Pro Watch
For a look at the ExOfficio Airstrip shirt in action, please CLICK HERE.
The 12 poker events at the upcoming FlyFishing Retailer include:
SATURDAY, September 15
1. Meet the FlyFishing Retailer PR Guys (8-10 p.m., Wynkoop Brewery)
SUNDAY, September 16
2. AFFTA Industry Breakfast (7-9 a.m., MR-201, 203, 205, 207)
3. Seminar: “The Art of Giving Great Service” (Noon-1 p.m. CCC Room 406)
4. Reception at R.L. Winston’s Booth (4:30-5:15 p.m., Booth 341)
5. FlyFishing Retailer/ Islander Reels Industry Party (6:30-8:30 p.m., Wynkoop Brewery)
MONDAY, September 17
6. Seminar: Aquatic Nuisance/Invasive Species (Noon-1 p.m., CCC Room 406)
7. Seminar: Two-Handed Casting with Dec Hogan (1-2 p.m.; Spey Casting Pond)
8. Rio Products Party- Media invitations at the Rio Booth (5:30 p.m., Downstairs at the CCC)
TUESDAY, September 18
9. Retailer Roundtable (7:45 – 8:45 a.m., CCC Room 401)
10. The Simms/Drake Magazine Fly Fishing Photo Gallery (9:00 – 9:30 a.m., Show Entrance)
11. Internet Marketing: Explode Your Business Online (10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Show Entrance)
12. Finals, Orvis-Saltwater Fly Fishing Cup (Noon, Casting Pond B)